Sunday 4 October 2009

Lancelot has a sore tendon

I really don't know how to describe what he has done to himself. I could say he has pulled a tendon or strained a tendon but to be honest I don't know. All I do know is that the tendon running down the back of his cannon bone is thick and the fetlock is slightly puffy on his near fore.

I have been hosing it and he is on bute since Friday. It doesn't seem to be getting any better. Susan watched him in the school just walking and trotting free on Wednesday and thought that he was slightly lame though I am crap at recognising that unless they are nodding lame.

He is on box rest now and I am keeping it bandaged and hosed and we will see how it goes. If it is no better tomorrow then we will have to either take him to Duhard or B des M.

I am really gutted about it and Susan has been talking about months of box rest and other terrifying stories. It is all my fault as I shouldn't have free jumped him I suppose. It is hard to know what exactly he should be doing work wise as I know they were working him several times a week at Hartpury when I bought him.

Anyway fingers crossed that it is nothing serious and that we can get back to doing a little bit of work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment